Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Leaning on God

Really... I will get better and more consistent with my blogs. Hang in there with me. I am back in St. Louis after some great time with family, friends, training and fund raising. I had a great time, but am happy to get my clothes out of the suitcase for a little while. I leave in a little over 2 weeks and the Lord is showing me that I will need to Him to get me there. There is so much to do and so little time to do it, but God is faithful... He will see me through.
I will be flying out on Dec. 26th. Yes, the day after Christmas. I just learned that my brother, Ken and his family (including my nephew and his wife that are taking Oliver) are driving up Christmas Eve. It will be great to spend Christmas with them. It will also give my parents a much needed distraction as I leave. I am grateful that they are able to be here.
I am still looking for a good home for Pip (my Pekingese) with people that I know and trust. It is incredibly hard to give up my two little friends. I am thankful that Oliver will be with Ryan and Keri (my nephew and wife) and know He will provide the same for Pip. I also am still working on getting my paper audit completed. I need to have in mailed by the end of the week, but continue to wait on paper work. I would like to have some kind of answer before I leave (or it at least submitted). Please continue to lift these things up in prayer.
Other things to pray for:
1. The rest of my time at home... that it is fruitful and fun.
2. Continued support for the ministry and my return to Kenya in the midst of such widespread financial hardship.
3. For the staff and students at CGA and their time away from school. Pray that they experience rest and joy and that they make good decisions while away from school.
You can see more information and ways to donate/get involved at www.cgakenya.com.
Thanks for your love and support!!

No comments: